Friday, January 20, 2012

January 20, 2012: 327 days to go

I absolutely love theknot.com. The planning website has dozens of helpful tools that organize the planning process, including a month-by-month checklist of tasks to take care of. As the days wind down to my wedding, I've noticed that I'm stuck at one particular task: finding a caterer and deciding a menu for our reception dinner.

Guests don't REALLY need to eat, do they?


For our wedding, my fiance and I are expecting about 150 guests. Keep in mind I've never been to a wedding, so most of my planning has been on a strict money-saving mentality since I've got nothing to go on as far as experience. When we originally began planning our wedding, I threw out the idea of a sit-down dinner because it seemed like we could save a lot of money by only serving cake and punch at the reception; however, my fiance brought up our out of town guests, how he would want them to feel special and welcomed by us as a couple, and a bunch of other things that made me instantly flush with guilt, and the dinner thing stuck. Damn.

Anyone who knows me personally knows I've been a messy eater since the day I was born. Whether I'm in the middle of a heated discussion or staring off into space, my brain always seems to slip up for one minute too long and I wear my meal. As I've grown up, my hand/mouth coordination has improved for the most part, but on occasion I have my messy moments. I probably always will, which never used to bother me until now- It terrifies me to think that on the most important day of my life, I might stain the beautiful, expensive gown I'll wear by missing my mouth and dropping a bit of food on my lap like I've done so many times before. 


So now the question is, what do we serve 150 people on our wedding night in December that won't stain my dress? What did you eat on your wedding night?




xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment